Frequently Asked Questions

Search these FAQs:

  1. Where is Mount St. Louis Moonstone Ski Resort located?

    Mount St. Louis Moonstone Ski Resort is located on Highway 400 at exit 131 (Mount St. Louis Rd) Mount St. Louis Moonstone is approximately 26 km north of Barrie   You can see us from the Highway!

  2. I didn't choose the right license or need a higher license in order to compete in a certain event, how can I upgrade a license?

    Upgrading a license is only possible with the “Athlete” role. All other roles are their own licenses.
    For example, an Athlete Role can include a Can Free 1/2, Can Free 3 or Can Free 4 license, whereas the only available option for the “Coach”
    role is the “Coach” license.Having said that, upgrading a license is fairly straightforward. You must first go to the SportingDNA Login page
    and log in with your user name and password. Once in your profile, you can click on the “Upgrade Membership” link on the left side of the
    screen. In the upgrade page of your profile, you must simply choose another athlete license from the drop down menu, under the “License”
    section, of the page. Licenses cannot be downgraded online. You will only pay for the difference between the two Athlete licenses when you
    upgrade your membership

  3. What are your hours of operation?

    Mount St. Louis Moonstone hours of operation are;

    Monday & Tuesday 9am - 4:30pm

    Wednesday to Sunday 9am-9pm

    Weather permitting Night Riding will open for the season Wednesday December 14, 2016.

    Christmas Holiday Schedule

    December 25, 2016 Christmas Day Closed

    December 26, 2016 - Jan. 6, 2017 9am-9pm

    Family Day February 20, 2017 9am-9pm

    March Break March 13-17, 2017 9am-9pm

    March 18, 2017 Last Night of Riding for the 2016/2017 Season

    March 19 to season closing 2017 9am-4:30pm

  4. Do you have accommodations at your Resort?

    Mount St. Louis Moonstone does not have accommodations on property.    Visit for more information on local lodging.

  5. What does Mount St. Louis Moonstone Ski Resort offer?

    Mount St. Louis Moonstone offers day and night riding.  Mount St Louis Moonstone has the best skiing/snowboarding with 37 slopes, 13 lifts (of those two being six person lifts), two base chalets with cafeterias, rental shops, and boutiques in both along with the Best Snowboard Park, the “Out Back”.  Mount St. Louis Moonstone has the most advanced snowmaking system in Canada.  At Mount St. Louis Moonstone we have trails available for the beginner through to the well advance skier/rider.  Mount St. Louis Moonstone offers daily lessons, eight-week programs night and weekend, memberships and childcare for ages 3-5.  The rental shop has top of the line skis, snowboards and snowblades available for you.

  6. Does Mount St. Louis Moonstone have snowtubing?

    Sorry, Mount St. Louis Moonstone does not offer snowtubing.

  7. Do you have group rates?

    Mount St. Louis Moonstone has group rates for 25 people or more.  Contact our Trip Coordinator for more information by phone at 416-368-6900 / 705-835-2112 or by email Group information is also available on line

  8. How long is your Season?

    Generally, Mount St. Louis Moonstone’s season is from December through to March.

  9. Do you have a lost and found department and how do I report a lost item?

    Yes, the lost and found items are held at our Guest Services Department.  To report a lost item, please email a description to  The shopping cost is the responsibly of the owner.

  10. How do I find out about your daily snow conditions?

    Visit our web site for the daily conditions and see for yourself through our daily web cams or call Toronto Toll Free 877-835-2112 / 705-835-2112.

  11. Do you sell lift tickets by the hour?

    No, Mount St. Louis Moonstone offers day, day/night and night lift tickets

  12. Do you have bus service?

    No sorry there is no bus service

  13. How do I reserve for a lesson?

    Twenty-four hour notice is required for reserving your lesson.  You may reserve your lesson by email or by calling Toronto Toll Free 877-835-2112 / 705-835-2112.

  14. What payments are accepted in the cafeterias?

    Cash, Debit, Visa, Master Card. We also have an ATM machine located downstairs at both Louis and Moonstone chalets.

  15. Are helmets mandatory?

    Helmets are required in the Terrain Parks at Mount St Louis, both in the Junkyard and in the Outback. The Outback chairlift requires you wear a helmet even if it is to access runs other than the actual Outback Terrain Park.

    Helmets are mandatory for participants attending an Educational program at Mount St Louis Moonstone.

  16. Are snowboard leashes required?

    Yes. At Mount St Louis snowboard leashes are mandatory in order to ride here. This is for the protection of our guests on the mountain and to prevent runaway snowboards. If you don't have a leash or forgot your own, snowboard leashes are sold in the boutique.

  17. I was told I need CFSA Insurance to participate in any sanctioned CFSA Freestyle activities, is that true?

    Yes and No. There are licenses, then there is insurance. People get these two terms confused all the time.
    All members are required to purchase a CFSA license in order to participate in any sanctioned CFSA Freestyle activities.
    Every license includes liability insurance. So, when you purchase the CFSA license, you have purchased the so-called “CFSA Insurance”.
    If you want insurance to cover expenses in case you get injured, then you need to purchase accident insurance and this is a separate purchase.

  18. What's the difference between a CFSA License and CFSA Insurance?

    A CFSA License is basically a CFSA membership, whereas “Insurance” is either already built into the license (Liability Insurance)
    or an option that a member can choose (Accident Insurance). All CFSA members are required to have a license, and are therefore automatically
    insured with the Liability Insurance. However, not all members are required to purchase the Accident Insurance.

  19. What's the difference between Liability Insurance and the Accident Insurance?

    Liability Insurance is built into every single license that the CFSA offers, and appears as the $10.00 Canadian Snowsports Association (CSA) charge on the membership fee summary.
    Liability insurance protects the member, the CFSA, its PSOs and member clubs, plus the Canadian Snowsports Association (“CSA”), from legal action taken against a CFSA member, the CFSA, PSO or its member clubs that may result in payment to a 3rd party, for example, as a result of bodily injury and/or property damage caused through participation in a CFSA sanctioned activity. Legal action could include, but is not limited to: a member athlete against coach or a club; a 3rd party (someone who is not a CFSA member) who is injured by a CFSA member while participating in a CFSA sanctioned activity; an athlete, parent or relative against CFSA, PSO, Club, or another member; damage to property during a CFSA sanctioned activity. For example, if a CFSA member is training on a ski hill, loses control, runs into a skier, who is not a member of the CFSA, on the hill and injures them, and the other skier decides to pursue legal action against the member, club or ski hill, our liability insurance will cover the legal costs and any other financial claim associated with that incident up to the amount in the policy.The CFSA accident insurance (“SAIP”) covers medical expenses associated with injuries caused while participating in CFSA sanctioned Freestyle activities and is in excess of provincial health programs and private insurance. For example: If a skier takes a jump, twists his/her knee on landing and requires physiotherapy; the skier would first have to go through their Provincial/Territorial health care system to cover the costs of physio. If the Provincial/Territorial health care system will not cover the costs, then the skier would have to try and claim the physio bills through their own personal insurance or their parent’s personal insurance (benefits through their workplace), if they have private medical insurance. If the personal insurance either will not cover the costs or there is no personal insurance in place, SAIP would kick in and cover the costs up to the amount stated in the policy.
    There are two types of Accident Insurance: Class 2A (In-Country or “2A”) and Class 2B (In-And-Out-Of-Country or “2B”). Accident Insurance is optional with every license, except for the Can Free 4 license, which automatically comes with the 2A.

  20. So what's the difference between the 2A and 2B?

    The 2A (In-Country) Accident Insurance is $57.00 over and above the license fees, except for the Can Free 4 license, in which it is included in the license cost. The 2A insurance covers all accidents suffered while participating in CFSA Sanctioned freestyle activities anywhere within the borders of Canada.
    The CFSA highly recommends the 2A insurance to any and all freestyle athletes and coaches, especially those travelling out of province, as there may be some costs that your Provincial/Territorial health care provider may not cover when you leave the Province/Territory.
    The 2B (In-And-Out-Of-Country) insurance is $87.00 over and above the license fees and is only $31.00 over and above the Can Free 4 license fee because it covers the difference between the 2A and 2B cost, within the Can Free 4 license. The 2B insurance covers all accidents suffered while participating in CFSA sanctioned freestyle activities anywhere around the world, including within Canada.
    The 2B insurance is MANDATORY for all CFSA member athletes AND coaches heading to CFSA sanctioned training or competitions outside of the country, because the 2B insurance covers some things that most other out-of-country accident insurance providers will not cover, such as Repatriation and Emergency Air Transport (e.g. Helicopter Rescue), which are quite costly.

  21. I need to register, what do I do?

    Well, you first have to know whether or not you were registered with CFSA last year. If the answer is “Yes, I was registered”, then you likely have a profile on the SportingDNA (SDNA) site, CFSA’s online registration system. If that is the case, you need to RENEW your membership.
    If you were not a CFSA member last year and you do not have a profile in the SDNA system already, then you must REGISTER. Once you figure that out, getting signed up for the 2012-2013 season is easy!
    If you were a CFSA member last year, then you had a SportingDNA profile that still exists in the system, today. In order to renew, you must LOGIN to your profile, using the user name and password you were given when you originally registered on the SDNA site. To get to the SDNA site, click on the "Renew/ Register Now" button on the CFSA website’s Membership Registration page. Once on the SDNA Login page simply log in with your login info. If you have any questions, please email

  22. I am new to the CFSA and how do I register myself/child?

    If you WERE NOT a CFSA member last year, and you would like to purchase a license with the CFSA, please click on the "Renew/Register Now" on the CFSA website’s Membership Registration page. Once on the SDNA Login site, please click the small "Register Now" link and complete the registration form.

  23. I have no idea what license I need to select. Can you help?

    Sure. Licenses are selected in the “Role” drop down menu on the online registration form. If you are a coach, judges, official or a parent / volunteer, you would select the following respective licenses: Coach! Coach; Judge! Judge; Technical Delegate, Chief of Course / Competition! Major Official; Parent or volunteer! Associate members.
    If you are an athlete, you select “Athlete” in the “Role” drop down menu and there are a few license options available. Here’s a quick description of each Athlete license:Can Free 1/2: For all Freestyle related training, Jumps and Bumps and Freestylerz Programs as well as intra/inter club and regional level competition, regardless of Province or Territory.
    Can Free 3: Everything included in Can Free 1/2, now including Provincial and National Level competitions, regardless of Province or Territory.
    Can Free 4: Everything included in Can Free 3, now including all FIS events (NorAms, World Cups, etc.), for which you will need a FIS number. This license also includes 2A Accident Insurance.
    For more information on licenses, go to the CFSA’s Membership Registration page and click on the “CFSA License Categories Correspond to CFSA Can Free Programs and CFSA Events” tab.

  24. When do I have to register/renew my license?

    The individual membership year goes from June 1st to May 31st of the following year. Therefore, starting June 1st, you can register or renew your license for the new season. However, please be aware that “registering” or “renewing” before June 1st will not make you current for the new season and you must wait until June 1st to register/renew for the new season.

  25. I need proof that I paid my license, how do I get that?

    After successfully renewing/registering, you will receive an email from the SDNA system stating that you have successfully
    renewed/registered for a CFSA license. Barring that, you can always go to the SDNA site and log into your profile.
    Once in your profile, you can click on the “View My Profile” link in the top left of the screen. Once you see your profile page,
    with all of the information that you have entered upon registration, you will notice the Payment History and Role History sections
    at the bottom of the page that will prove your current membership status.

  26. How do I get my CFSA membership number?

    Go to the SportingDNA Login page and log in. Once in your profile, you can click on the small “View Profile” link on the left hand side of the screen. This will show you all of the information you entered when you registered/renewed, including your CFSA ID number at the top of your profile.

  27. I want to compete in a FIS event as an independent athlete. Will I be covered by the CFSA insurance?

    To compete in a FIS event, first you must (a) be a member in good standing with the CFSA and (b) have a FIS License. The CFSA administers the FIS licenses for freestyle skiing (excluding Ski Cross) and athletes must purchase the CAN Free 4 license. Before you will be given a FIS Code (if you are a new FIS licensed athlete), you must complete the FIS Athletes’ Declaration Form and provide a copy of your Canadian passport to the CFSA office. If you already have a FIS Code, the CFSA will only activate your FIS Code for the current season after you have fully paid the current year’s License fees (note: the CFSA de- activates all FIS Codes for Canadian freestyle skiers on June 1st each year). You must have an ACTIVE FIS Code to be entered into a FIS event.
    If you are competing as an independent athlete, the CFSA will only approve your participation in the FIS event if you have a coach supervising your training and competition, at the competition. Athletes must complete the Independent Athletes’ Agreement if the FIS event is taking place outside of Canada. You will only be approved for participation if these steps are followed (note: The CFSA, technically, is the only entity that can enter you into a FIS event. Please contact the CFSA before you are planning to enter a FIS event as an independent athlete).

  28. How do I find my FIS number?

    Go to and search your name. If you are not there, you do not have a FIS

  29. How do I get a Fédération International de Ski (FIS) Number?

    In order to get a FIS number, an athlete must purchase a FIS license, which is the Can Free 4 license. Once that license is purchased, the athlete must download, read and sign the FIS Athlete Declaration Form (Request this form from CFSA by contacting and send it back to the CFSA via email at or fax at 1.604.714.2232. Along with the FIS Athlete Declaration, you must also provide the CFSA with a copy of your Canadian passport.

  30. Are drones allowed?

    Out of safety concerns for guests, employees and resort property, as well as concerns for individual privacy, Mount St Louis Moonstone Ski Resort Ltd., prohibits the operation or use of unmanned aerial systems or drones, by the general public - including recreational users and hobbyists - without the prior written consent from MSLM. This prohibition includes drones used for filming or videotaping as well as any drone use by media or journalists operating above or within Mount St Louis Moonstone Ski Resort boundaries. This prohibition on drone operation or use extends to any drones launched or operated from the Ski Resort Property, as well as drones launched from private property outside of the Ski Resort boundaries. Please contact a resort representative at (705)-835-2112 if you have any questions or if you seek prior authorization to operate any aerial drone or device. Any authorized operations of aerial drones may be governed by Transport Canada's Civil Aviation branch rules and regulations, local law enforcement as well as those policies established by Mount St Louis Moonstone Ski Resort, which may include certification, training, insurance coverage, indemnification requirements, and wiavers or releases of liability. Any violation of this policy may involve suspension of your skiing and snowboarding privileges, and/or the revocation of your season pass, as well as confiscation of any drone equipment, and may subject violaters to any damages including but not limited to damages for violations pf privacy and/or physical or personal injuries or property damage as well as regulatory fines and legal fees.