March 13 2020
The resort is following the lead of Canadian public health authorities at this important time.
MSLM will remain open and all lesson programming and March Break camps will move ahead as scheduled. The Del Boca Vista Spring Social Snowboard event has been cancelled. Please contact Sanction Skateshop for details. The current situation around COVID-19 is rapidly evolving yet the risk in our area according to the Simcoe-Muskoka Public Health Unit remains low.
We note that as an outdoor sport, where participants are generally covering their eyes, nose and mouth, skiing does not automatically result in additional risk of contracting COVID-19. That said, we defer to the judgment of our customers and in instances where you believe you may have been exposed, we ask that you refrain from visiting our resort, and self-isolate for 14 days, so that together we can ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone and limit the spread of this virus.
Skiing and snowboarding are voluntary. The decision to participate or not participate in skiing or snowboarding at the resort is your own.
This situation is evolving, and our response to this situation must be dynamic. MSLM may adjust its response in the coming hours, days, or weeks. The resort will make every effort to keep our customers informed in a timely manner through our website and social media platforms.
We have implemented additional measures to ensure your safety as well as the safety of our team, including:
· Enhanced cleaning protocols in our resort and in our cafeteria, with focus on high traffic and high contact areas. Coronavirus is easily eliminated by routine surface cleaning and staff are committed to vigorous cleaning throughout the resort.
· Increasing communications and reminders with our guests, partners and employees on important health and safety measures
To assist with the difficult circumstance customers may find themselves in at this time, MSLM will waive it’s 24 hr non-refundable lesson deposit and will provide a refund to anyone wishing to cancel their private/semi-private or Kids Camp Lesson program due to concerns about COVID-19. This refund policy will apply to lessons between March 13th and 22nd 2020. Please note, this is a temporary adjustment to MSLM's existing refund policies. Those who wish to receive a lesson deposit refund are asked to contact administration at [email protected]
MSLM will work to refund everyone in a timely manner.
Please also be advised to follow the information, direction, and guidelines provided by the Government of Ontario
You are also encouraged to take the following precautions:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds.
• Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer frequently.
• Sneeze and cough into your sleeve.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
• Avoid contact with people who are exhibiting symptoms.
• Stay home if you are exhibiting symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath etc.).
Additionally, travelers who have returned from areas under a travel health advisory for COVID-19 should:
• Monitor themselves for symptoms of the 2019 novel coronavirus for 14 days after leaving the affected area; AND
• Contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 or their local public health unit if they experience symptoms of the 2019 novel coronavirus.
The Huter Family